Appeal for Swami Abhedananda Convention Centre : An Auditorium in Belur Math
There has been a long-felt need for a state-of-the-art auditorium in Belur Math. The authorities of Belur Math decided to fulfill this need on the significant occasion of the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Abhedananda.
Some important features of Swami Abhedananda Convention Centre are as follows:
- Dimension of the site: 222’ x 103’
- Height of the building: 80’
- Total no. of floors: Ground + 4
- Seating capacity of the main auditorium: 1700
- Two smaller auditoriums with seating capacity of around 400 and 500
- Book showroom and a permanent exhibition
- Two meditation halls, each with a 100-seat capacity
- Additional facilities: A large gallery, 5 lifts, 7 staircases, green rooms, sound control rooms, 30 living rooms for speakers, monks, etc.
The total estimated cost for the project is Rs. 21 crore.
The Convention Centre will host the following programmes for the benefit of the general public, especially the youth, throughout the year:
- Devotees’ Conventions / Spiritual Retreats
- Youths’ Conventions
- Values Education Workshops
- Lectures and seminars on topics related to religion, philosophy and Indian culture
- Cultural programmes
- Academic programmes of Ramakrishna Mission’s educational institutions adjoining Belur Math:
- Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (a Deemed University),
- Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira (a College of Arts and Science) and
- Ramakrishna Mission Sikshanamandira (a College of Teacher Education).
Further, the Convention Centre will also be used to hold the following events for the members of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission:
- Monastic Heads’ Conference,
- Monks’ Conference,
- General Body Meeting of Ramakrishna Mission,
- Foundation Day Celebration of Ramakrishna Mission, and
- other conventions.
Being a charitable organization, Ramakrishna Mission depends mainly on donations from the generous public and financial support from the Government for running its varied service activities. In particular, successful completion of this project — construction of Swami Abhedananda Convention Centre — depends entirely on the availability of active support from our devotees, well-wishers and corporate houses.
We, therefore, earnestly request you to come forward and donate generously for this noble project which, we are sure, will help to perpetuate the memory of the great Swami Abhedananda for centuries to come.
Account payee cheques or bank drafts drawn in favour of “Ramakrishna Mission” may kindly be sent to the following address:
The General Secretary,
West Bengal – 711202
Kindly mention in the covering letter that the donation is for “Swami Abhedananda Convention Centre”.
All donations to Ramakrishna Mission are eligible for Income Tax exemption u/s 80G (5) (vi) of IT Act, 1961.
Indian nationals can donate here : DONATE (₹)
Foreign nationals can donate here : DONATE ($)